DIY: Hemp Jewelry
Here's how to make cool hemp jewelry and not pay for overpriced crap, it's by no means a complete guide, just a starter to get you going. Here's how:
1. Get hemp twine, as much as you want.
2. Cut 3 to infinity pieces of the same length, the more pieces used, the thicker it will be, the more knots you decide on, the more length you are going to want.
3. Tie a knot at the end, and safety-pin to your pants or another surface.
4. Decide what style you want it to be, an odd number of knots will give you a twisted bracelet, an even amount of knots will give you a flat bracelet.
5. Tie that many knots on each string, going from left to right, then start again with the string that is now farthest to the left. Repeat. The way to tie the knots is to:
A. Take the left hand piece, hold it.
B. Pull the rest of the string OVER the string to the right of it, forming a sort of 4.
C. Pull the end of the left string through the gap between it and the right string.
D. Pull both ends to tighten the knot. The tighter the knot, the better it will look.
When you are done, you can simply tie a knot at the end, and tie them together, or add a clasp (Or Safety-Pin), or make a loop at one end and a knot at the other to hold them together.
You can also add in beads or other junk as you go along by stringing it along and tying over it.